April is National Card and Letter-Writing Month. Our surveys indicate about 66 percent of CFCA sponsors write their friend at least once a year. We’d like to increase that number!
We’re asking our sponsors to take a “letter-writing challenge.” The steps are simple:
- Write your friend and send a photo of you and your family if you haven’t already done so. If you need inspiration, check out some letter-writing tips.
- Tell us about it in the comments below. Here are some questions to consider:
- What were your most memorable letter moments?
- Any letter-writing tips to share with us?
- What was your experience like?
Two sponsored friends from El Salvador, Kilmer and Maria, explained what they’d like to hear from their sponsors through letters:
I like writing to my sponsors. In my last letter, I wrote them I was sick, I had a fever. I also told them that during Christmas, I shot off rockets [fireworks]. I tell them that sometimes I feel good, and sometimes I feel bad.
I would like to know about my sponsor when they are coming here, where they work, what they do there. I would like to know more about them.”
I would like to know them. I donít know how many hugs I would give them if they were here. Everything my sponsors have given me is good.
I like everything and I thank them for everything they have done for us because we need their help. I would like to see them even if it is only in a photograph.”
Thanks, and we appreciate your support!